What is your royalty free definition? Royalty free refers to the right to use a copyright image without the need to pay for royalties each time the image is used or sold. It is based on a one-time payment to the licensor, after which you can use the image in several projects without having to purchase an additional license. RF licenses may not be given on an exclusive basis. Here are common FAQs about the license:
- Can I use the RF license for free?
The answer is no. Royalty free images are sold under a paid license. Whether it is for commercial or non-profit purposes, you cannot use them for free. Free images means they are unlicensed, therefore illegal to use.
- Can I use RF images in designs that I will sell to my client? If you are a designer, yes you can as long as the images are embedded in your design. You can even use the same image in multiple designs. That is the true value of royalty free.
- Can I use it on the template of my own web? As long you don’t design it as if the models in the images are endorsing your product, you can use royalty free images on the template of your own web.
- Can I use RF images in templates that I will sell? It is possible, but this usually requires a different license – a rights-managed (RM) license.
- Can I use the images in my brand identity? No, you can’t. You can use them in graphic designs, but you can’t include them in your trademarks, brand logos, or other design marks. You cannot make it look like they are endorsing your product or are directly bound to your company. You can only use them in your marketing efforts.
- Can I buy exclusive rights to Royalty Free image? No, you can’t. Royalty free definition means multiple buyers can license the image. To get exclusive rights, you need a rights-managed license or other similar licenses for a higher price.
Always read the agreement carefully because each stock agency has their own variations and changes to their license. Make sure you understand the rights you are buying.
The Dollar Photo Club will be permanently closed on April 15, 2016. Since then, you will not be able to enjoy its unique features and select benefits. You are no longer allowed to update your billing information or access your member area and purchase history. Your renewals will not be processed and your payment method will not be charged in the future. When the time comes, you will miss the features and benefits that helped you create amazing creative projects. Here are some of them:
- One dollar rule. The low cost of per image is probably the feature you will miss the most. Only a few stock photo agencies offer high quality images for a dollar or less. This is the one thing that makes the Dollar Photo Club appealing to many creative professionals. It does not compromise quality for low price.
- Quality images. The DPC features over 25 million stock images in its library, all with professional quality and high resolution. In addition, it adds over 100,000 new images per week to broaden the choices of the creative community in achieving the perfect project. You can download images in all sizes – small, medium, XXL – whichever suits your creative needs.
- Simple pricing. The one dollar rule comes with simple pricing, which allows you to choose between monthly and annual VIP membership. You will be entitled to downloads that never expire and subscriptions that does not involve commitment or hidden fees.
- Limited Membership. Limits people are only allowed to set up a Dollar Photo Club account and only approved members can enjoy its unique features and select benefits. This means that you are only one of the few creative professionals who have access to exquisite images, offered at exclusive and straightforward prices.
Now that the stock photo website is closing, these features and benefits will surely be missed. If only there is another stock photo agency that offers a similar product, the separation will not be so upsetting. Fortunately, there is a stock site that offers fairly the same features and benefits. 99 Club by Stock Photo Secrets has the closest features to the Dollar Photo Club. And, it is here to stay. You do not have to worry about going through separation anxiety again.
99 Club offers an annual membership for $99 which gives you access to over 4 million premium quality images and lets you download up to 200 images. That is twice the number of images you can download with your Dollar Photo Club account. Additional images are available for 99 cents only, which is cheaper as well. Moreover, the membership is available to only a limited number of people so you might want to sign up today!